CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Crazy week


The words "Pay attention to the everyday stuff around you, it matters" comes to mind tonight. Where did this week go, it evaporated in sort of a blur. So much happened to.

I think I was sposed to pay attention to my flu that would not go away and left me with a nasty sinus infection. I wasn't paying attention to how miserable I was feeling. It is school holidays after all. So I agreed to go to the doctor only because in 2 weeks time I will be taking an overseas flight and kind of gathered such a stuff nose will not be conducive to long flights. So the doctor took one look at me and shook his head and said "you need x-rays I suspect you have a bad sinus infection that probably is going to need to be operated on to remove". So after running around to doctors and x-ray departments and hospitals where CT scans work, the ENT doctor scheduled me in the very next day. Abscess in my sinus best I sort it out asap. How did I forget to pay attention to ignoring the pain and everything else that went with it. That is a scary thought. Like the receptionist said "You so calm, you know you going to have surgery tomorrow, you ok with that", I smile back and said "I have had lots of practice at being calm".

In between that, I sneaked a much promised trip to the movies with the boys. They have been on their best behaviour so that they could go see Ice Age 3. What a joy to see, 2 boys holding hands to get to the movies. Luke saying "I'm so exited" and really you can see it all over his face. Joel happy to get pop corn and coke. Listening to the two of them laughing their heads off in the movies. Even Joel shouting so loudly that every one turned to look, "Mom look there is a T-Rex". I am so glad I got to sit there and watch the two of you with such a big goofy smile on my face.

Lying on the couch, post surgery to stuffed to really do much, I watched two little boys go by with a plate and a sandwich on. "Huh". My mom was not around. Then I realized my boy has just made his first sandwich. Totally all on his own. No one told him. Just they were hungry and so they made a sandwich. Thinking I would get to the kitchen and it would be a mess. Surprise. All neat and tidy. "Huh" Two boys making their own first sandwiches and no mess. Luke turns around and says "Its all packed away where it belongs". I just paid attention and realised my little boy is now longer such a baby anymore. He is now almost self sufficient, you are almost when you can make a sandwich.

Got to love this one, look how dirty and big he is getting too.


Hopefully this week I find better feet, get some much needed to do stuff sorted and hopefully a little bit of inspiration. Have a happy blessed week.

1 comments:

SABEE said...

Oh Man... I miss u lots ...... I was smiling while reading this post...for a couple of reasons which you know :)
Ah and your little man Luck, love it, yes, they getting big, and getting big so quick .. .. Hope you feel better this week... Lots of love