CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 14, 2009

I think I am too busy

It has been a very very busy and emotional week. My little boy, Joel had major surgery on Thursday. He had a hydracoele and his thumb operated on. I was so nervous as I have major hospital phobias (considering he spent about 3 months in hospital when he was one) He came through with flying colours and was discharged the same day. Who would guess from these photo's that about 5 hours previously he was waking up in hospital. He bounces back so quickly and was helping me make about a hundred plus cupcakes for his brothers school the next day.

I love his t-shirt that says it all....been no where done nothing. Right, so not Joel... he has done more than a lot of other almost 3 year olds. I am so proud of him and so in awe of how brave he was. Way to go Joel.

So creativity this past few weeks took a little bit of a back seat and was on the run. These were invites I made on a late Sunday night. I am so glad I can photo shop. It helps wonders when you need a quick fix.

Luke is a crocodile and Joel is a monkey. So its not suprising when asked what type of cake do you want. "Oh you know, just a crocodile cake" . Ok so this is our attempt. Perfect is for shop cakes, I like to involve my kids in art especially times like this. So this is Lukes and my attempt of a crocodile. Not too shabby, great teeth Luke.


And just in case you didn't believe me when I said we made over a 100 cupcakes to go. I spose I am a strange mom, my mom taught me. We cant eat in front of others and if you give one you give all. And how can one child in the school have a cup cake as the kids classes at little school are all sort of interlinked. So we just made cupcakes for the school.

For those friends that know I cant cook, genuine these are all hand made by me. Sometimes I come out with suprises. My mom and I make a pretty darn good baking team dont you think.

So maybe, maybe, next week I will get to that mini book thats half done on the dining room table. For now, its tea, cupcake and left over crocodile cake awaiting.

1 comments:

Tertia said...

OK Now I am hungry! Not fair, I am on a diet. Shop cakes are ugly, perfection is when you get to make the cake with your mom and it ends up looking just like you imagined it would! That is a direct qoute(I'm Afrikaans, can never spell that #$@! word!) from one of my children, can't remember who - it was BS (before scrapping)!